Friday, August 5, 2011

Somewhere in Tanzania


So we were up at 5 this morning and departed Dar by 5-30. 900 km later we arrived into a small town that I cant name. We got here at about 8pm and travelled via the capital of Tanzania, Dodomo. Malisa (Our Tanzanian amigo/handy man) who is a bit of a dude drove the whole way because apparently we’re too much of a pair of pussys and would therefore take us too long! Fair point really, I was definitely happy snoozing in the back. The gentle hum of Tinkerbells engine had no problems in transporting me to dream land.

The times I was awake were spent enduring Alex’s music e.g. Cheryl cole, shakira, Enrique Iglesias and Tao cruz to name a few (the term ‘music’ being used generously). I fought back with white stripes and N.E.R.D though. Quite surreal listening so that kind of music whilst steaming through the African countryside listening to “you can get this lapdance here for free” and “what ya gonna do wiv all that junk, all that junk insde that trunk? In gonna make you work work, make you work!”.

Ive included a picture of Tinkerbell in this post – It was taken randomly when I stuck my head out the window to take a picture and lost my hat. So on turning around to get it we decided it was an opportunity to stretch our legs.
malisa

scenery

Did I mention that Tinkerbell has two fuel tanks that can store 170 Litres of diesel between them! We had to refill one tank twice to travel that 900 km today. She’s a bit of a greedy one I fear.

Another early start tomorrow and a further 600km to go before we get to kigoma and apparently 200 of that is going to be off road, which has been dubbed by malisa as a “natural massage”. Something tells me there wont be a happy ending… From Kigoma were probably going to push straight on to camp which will be another 4 hours.

This blog entry is welcome proof that my newly bought dongle works! 

No comments:

Post a Comment