Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Rungwa Bush Viper

Even more recently I came across a Rungwa Bush Viper. Now this is no ordinary snake. I have fantasized about seeing this snake since I arrived here. It looks like a dragon. They are very rare snakes and the people who have seen this snake in the wild are few. I was so excited that I couldn’t simply leave it where I found it. I collected it in my head net whilst avoiding a few mock strikes, took it back to camp. This way I became possible to get some proper photos and generally nurture my enthusiasm for these fantastic creatures by observing it daily, feeding it and photographing it. It appears to greatly like frogs. Sadly though when I return to Camp I will have to take him back where I found him. To keep him any longer would be selfish to my own wants – despite the free meals, im sure the wild is where he’d rather be! 

R.Bush Viper

R.Bush Viper

Just after i caught the guy - posing with my quarry

R.Bush Viper

R.Bush Viper

No comments:

Post a Comment