Tuesday, November 1, 2011

31/10/11


This morning we made our monthly food trip into Kigoma. Me and Sam, plus two of the guys who we were dropping in Uvinza for their holiday – Ndai (the cook) and Baru (a temp). Anyway, half way up the drive way (track through the forest) Sam starts shouting SNAKE SNAKE!! I see the black snake on the road and manage to turn the car to the left missing the snake by about a foot. At this point the shout of SNAKE SNAKE turns into TREE TREE!! I finally find the break and all is well again. The snake is alive and the tree is a safe distance away! But I waste no time, I grab my camera and pursue this unknown black snake off the road as it slinked away. Luckily its quite early in the morning and so its temperature hasn’t quite risen high enough to be as rapid as they can be. So I easily cut off its escape to get a better look, at this point im maybe 7 meters infront of it. Seeing me as a threat, the unknown black snake raises its head of the ground and puffs out a magnificent hood. Ah, I know what that is now, that’s a big ass Cobra (spitting cobra I believe). Thankfully the Cobra had no problem posing for me and my camera! Boom.



COBRA


No comments:

Post a Comment